Discover the hidden wonders of the Nydia Track, it is not as well known or busy as the Queen Charlotte Track but just as beautiful. The track takes you through coastal forest (rimu, nikau and beech) with superb views. The Nydia Track is suitable for people with a reasonable level of fitness, boots are recommended and some of the streams are not bridged.
- Start from Havelock and take a shuttle over graveled roads to historic Kaiuma Bay, get your hiking boots on to walk the bush track to On the Track Lodge (4-5 hours).
- Dine then stay at the Lodge overnight in a comfortable chalet or even the train carriage accommodation.
- Spend the next day relaxing at the lodge, using the lodge kayaks or taking some shorter walks.
- The next day complete the rest of the tramp (carrying your freshly prepared packed lunch) to Duncan Bay in time for another shuttle ride back to Havelock.
All-inclusive package from $365 per person (twin share) includes:
- Track transfers
- Coffee and cake on arrival at On the Track Lodge
- 2 nights in comfortable chalet accommodation*
- All meals (Day 1 dinner & dessert, Day 2 breakfast, packed lunch & dinner & dessert, Day 3 breakfast & packed lunch). Vegetarian/vegan/gluten free meals available)
- Use of On the Track Lodge kayaks and all other amenities, including a hot-tub.
*Upgrade to stay in the newly renovated vintage train carriages (with private bathroom) – $405 per person (twin share).
Single supplement available on request.